Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday 14th February 2007. Sydney, New South Wales.

I went for breakfast this morning at the cafe of the moment Bourke Street Bakery in Surry Hills. Maybe because it is so cool that is why it is one of those places where you can access food only at the time when the acclaimed pastry chef and baker who jointly run this establishment are ready?

I had hoped to try the famous pork and fennel sausage roll...how pretentious. Anyway there were no pies, sausage rolls or sandwiches before 10.30am and so I settled for a strawberry and pear muffin with some sparkling cranberry and lime organic fruit water.

The muffin was nothing to write home about but still they come in their droves. It was like a catwalk of the beautiful and trendy in all shapes, sizes and ages who simply had to be seen. A smash and grab here would generate quite a designer haul!

After breakfast I take a gentle stroll down Oxford Street and through Hyde Park to the internet where I will work on the project. It was GREAT to hear from so many of my Aussie travelling companions checking up on me to make sure I haven't died yet!

I am seeing the two Julia's for dinner and drinks here in town on Friday night.

This afternoon I attended the matinee of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and made my debut at the Lyric Theatre, Star City.

This is possibly one of the best shows I have seen anywhere in the world, all high camp glamour and fun and its well worth splashing out on those expensive front row seats in the stalls...

because just after the interval you too may be lucky enough to be plucked from the audience and on to the stage to join the cast in one of the dance routines...a sort of Gay Gordon's meets Line Dancing.

Today a new star was born at Star City and his name...Will Glover.

After my forey into showbiz it was time to dine at Passello in Darling Harbour.

Update on the hostel...Tonight a large group of girls and guys assembled in the forecourt below my window and partied 'til all hours of the morning. Couple this with the weird guy who keeps wandering the corridors at all hours and you have a recipe for little sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home