Thursday, November 09, 2006

From Argentina to Chile and Puerto Natales. Thursday 9th November 2006.

This morning it is off on the bus to Chile and my first border crossing by land in South America.

I am really enjoying this trip. Here in Argentina I feel at last that I am turning the corner. The body is an amazing instrument, and like so many times in my life I am an advocate of man heal thyself...and now I am turning that corner.

Life all too often gives us what we want and not what we need. I am not yet totally sure why I needed the experiences of August but I am beginning to appreciate the genuine value in lifes downs and the opening of your eyes to the guiding lights that will bring your destiny...if, of course, you are willing to travel the road and stay the course, no matter how tough it gets.

This feeling is one that I cannot describe, but my body knows when it is recovering and the strength is coming back into my legs, the bounce back into my spirit, and I am once again on a beautiful journey of discovery.

After August I feared (irrationally) that I would never know happiness again. I am having the time of my life.

My knee might have given way, but practical help was there in the form of my fellow travellers. For Dick yesterday it must have been like travelling with granny because coming down the mountain with a weak knee is much tougher than climbing up. In some ways this is a metaphor for life...

Coming down from all my project success when I hit rock bottom after being attacked was actually much tougher than the climb to put the project together initially. And the continuing to climb, through the current physical pain barrier reminds me of my recent life and the need we all have, at times, to rise above and see the bigger picture...just like the panorama you find at the summit of your climb.

As the Moody Blues put it in the 60's...just what you want to be you will be in the end. I am again beginning to see this. Whilst it has always been true that people have been kind in their thoughts; they simply did not know what it was like to be going through the reality I was enduring.

Our journey today takes us through spectacular country and allows me to wander the scenery with my thoughts. We will come over the border descending into the port town of Puerto Natales.

In my Frank Spencer way, as I climb down from the coach I am the one who falls down into the hole on the pavement and twists my ankle...what's another injury...bandage it up and on I go!

This afternoon and evening I am working on the blog and website, answering e-mails etc; but not before dining on the waterfront at El Maritimo where the local fish is a delicacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home