Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Last day Lima. Monday 23rd October, 2006.

Today unfortunately I am feeling rather ill. I have developed a cold over the last few days and so I decide to spend the day in bed recovering.

I could not be in better hands. Tim made me a wonderfully homely toddy last night (the famous Scottish flu cure of whisky, lemon, sugar and boiling water); to drive out the bugs.

Tonight I bid farewell to my dear friends. After all my highs and lows in South America the tender loving care of two such wonderful people was just what I needed to set me back on track here in South America.

I cannot express in words how very grateful I am to Margarita and Tim and how wonderful it is to be privileged in having so many true friends around the globe. As Mum has often said, "that boy would get a piece at anybody´s door"...Get yourself a Glaswegian dictionary and find out the meaning of the phrase!

In my time with the Dallmans I really appreciated the fact that the company of good friends and companions is one of lifes greatest joys.

I really loved Lima and the Peruvian people were so very warm and friendly.

Life is a journey that is made all the more pleasant by experiences such as my time in Lima. Kicking back with friends is one of lifes pleasures. That opportunity to stop, chill, throw of the shackles of day to day life and just lounge on the sofa.

Not only were Margarita and Tim the ultimate hosts, but give me a few weeks in Lima and Hablo Español...Margarita is a truly talented teacher!!

I head tonight for Rio de Janeiro via Buenos Aires and back to Brazil, the country that I found so warm and inviting on my original South American excursion back in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home