Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday 11th March 2007. Out to the Wairarapa.

Breakfast this morning is at Bing's diner on Courtenay Place(a very different atmosphere to last night). I was flooded with offers from friends to entertain me today and I have decided to head out to the Wairarapa with Gretchen and Gary McRae for a Family Sunday.

Our first stop though was Churchill Park over in Seatoun for me to get a perspective of just how close to shore the Wahine went down.

Our drive today takes us over the Rimutaka's. The scenery is stunning and we pass through Featherston on our way to Greytownwhere we stop and explore the beauty of the historic village centre.

I tried the organically grown Nashi, the fantastically crunchy pear fruit grown in this area.

Lunch was fantastic and we had a great day sitting around the pool and exploring the extensive grounds and native bush that Evan and Cath Hopkin and their children call home. For me it was a true pleasure to spend time with the locals and what lovely locals they were too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home