Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sunday 4th March 2007. Wellington. New Zealand.

I spend the morning working on the project here in Whiteman's Valley Road. Life is always full of surprises and...you remember that Sky Tower I jumped from...well 39A was the first ever commission for young Mr Craig whose firm were the architects of the said Sky Tower.

Barbara and I head out to lunch at Cafe Cibo in Upper Hutt before visiting the Light House Cinema. Boutique cinemas are all the rage in Wellington and I loved this place. Comfy sofas and coffee its just like watching the latest movies at home (although you are surrounded by up to 39 other people).

I was lucky enough to get both a tour and a complimentary flat white from Jeremy...it pays to have connections!

This afternoon I am spending with Margaret and Alex Vlassoff at Harcourt Park where Mainly Acoustic Music Club are performing for all us picnicers. I have been very impressed both in Australia and New Zealand with the responsible attitude that is taken towards skin cancer. As I am now finding commonplace there is complimentary sunscreen available for all at the foot of the stage.

The concert is a joy of multi-cultural music entitled the Little Big Day Out to celebrate International Children's Day and families are out in force enjoying the sunshine.

In the late afternoon we head out to Eastbourne...not my home town, but Eastbourne, New Zealand. I enjoy a stroll on Rona Bay Wharf before finishing with coffee at Codar.

A wonderful day is rounded off by supper on the deck at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home