Monday, October 09, 2006

Making Friends

William

It's go good to hear from you, we [the tour group]were a little concerned about leaving you alone. When we were in Quito, we heard about a boat that caught fire and sunk in the Galapagos, we thought you finally snapped.

Before I forget, the couple from Norway wanted you to know that they adore you..I believe Jurin used the word love. When we said our good-byes she was crying, (so was I) because she said she would miss us.

This may sound a little odd and selfish, but I want to say thank-you for coming back to Equador to finish your quest. I know I said this to you on the boat, but for you to continue after the mugging , shows great character and faith. I am so happy that I got to meet you. I had a wonderful time in the Galapagos, and I want to thank-you for that. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much.

I'm cutting this short - I just got out of the shower, I'm off to my parent's for Thanksgiving supper. My siblings and parents want to hear about my trip. We'll eat like pigs, go downstairs and jockey for positions on the couches and watch TV (like on the boat).

You will be in our Thanksgiving prayers and toast.

E-mail me back, I want to know what happened on the boat after the crew got back. I'm sure it was intense after the incident. I tried to get hold of Esteban but his e-mail is not working. We were concerned for both of you.

Love Judy


I am so pleased to be getting back to the project proper. The Galapagos was enlightening for us all (the student participants and myself) and I have received a plethora of questions which I will set about answering tonight.

The great joy for me personally is meeting wonderful people like Judy. Another girl on the trip, Emma, (from my old stomping ground of Croydon) has added me to her blog in the hope that some of her friends will join the fight to keep the project going...as they said in the Islands...Keep the Faith Mate you´ll do it, and continue making people laugh along the way...laughter after all is natures cure all.


PS Just had to share Judy's follow-up with you to show you that I am not exaggerating what I see...

William

If I didn't have responsibilities here at home, I would be travelling with you. I'm jealous, not green jealousy, maybe envious? And you're going to be fine. Lightening can't possibly strike you twice.

I can feel your anxiety over the taxi ride, me and Yves were taken through a shanty town on our way to the airport. I wasn't really frightened but I did ask the driver (Luis Enrique)some questions so he would look at me so that I could look in his eyes and make sure that he was still taking us to the airport.

It was 11:00 pm and we were going through some back streets in neighbourhoods that I wouldn't let my dog live in.

Listen, please keep in touch, if you're bored on your downtime e-mail daily, I'd love to know how you're doing and if you need anything like bail money or such let me know.

Judy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home