Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Beauty of this Project

----- Original Message ----
From: Cultura Inglesa SP friday group
To: esubuildingblocks@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 11 August, 2006 12:58:07 PM
Subject: comments on your talk


Dear Mr. Glover,
We appreciated your talk on the 4 of August and would like to make some comments.
We read your blog and unfortunately we understood you sort of underestimated São Paulo.It was quite funny to read your comments about the way people dress in here and we would like to remind you there are some millionaires in the city , one of the five biggest in the world.
Apart from that we would kindly ask you more about your project because it was not exactly clear to us.
We would also like to offer help in anything related to São Paulo and our wildlife.
Hope to hear from you.
Lucas,André,Marina,Tatiana;Giovanna,Rafael,Luiz,Renato,Bruno,Victoria,Raquel,Paula,Ana Thereza.




Thank you all very much for your e-mail.

I hope that you do not think I have a negative view of Sao Paulo, quite the contrary. The reality is that I must speak as I find and there are many people in your wonderful city who have a negative view of just how fantastic a city it is.

My job is to make students aware about the places that I visit (the good and the bad) so that they then carry out some independent research about these places.

I am hoping that you will be interested in somewhere along my journey and that you will work toward improving your English both by reading my blog and by writing essays that may be chosen by the Cultura to represent Sao Paulo in the project book.

One of the key elements of the project is to provide links between schools and students across the globe and I hope that some of you may choose to begin e-mailing students in Great Britain once those schools return from holidays in September.

I have great difficulties with the fact that I do not have a computer, so please forgive me if you do not get a response quickly.

I head off into the countryside of Ecuador tomorrow and it will take all my time to upload the blog and the photographs. I hope that you will learn a great deal about our world from my journey and that all students participating learn that we are not so different after all. All peoples of the world have more in common than not and I hope through the links I build and the stories I can tell in the blog that we all come to understand one another a little better.

Please feel free to comment on any of the blog pages at any time. You just log on and click on comment and then the instructions will appear.

I look forward to our journey together and to seeing you all again in December in your wonderful city.

Best wishes to you all and thank you again for making me most welcome last week.

Will

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home