Sunday, June 10, 2007

Adiós

I have been to Chautauqua in many incarnations: scholar, Director of Youth Ministry, teacher, lecturer and participant and today I add a new chapter to my Chautauqua story with my attendance at the wedding of my next door neighbour Elizabeth Congdon.

The wedding is taking place in the elegant surroundings of the Hall of Philosophy with the celebration conducted from the same platform where I delivered my “Education in the New Millennium” speech.

And it is from this seat of learning and the learned that I draw this project to a close.

For our main partner schools in Britain and America the summer holidays await and many of you are moving on to pastures new next academic year. I hope that you have enjoyed the encounters we have shared with the world over this past year and if I may leave you with a parting thought it would be this…

try always to live every day of your life. This is a wonderful world and we owe it to ourselves to drink in the wonders of creation.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 09, 2007 4:09:00 AM, Blogger jules said...

alright mr glover,

how are you? you behaving? all's well here, Erin starts school in August at st ronans, she is very excited.

take care Julie, Michael, and Erin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home