Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wednesday 30th May 2007. Jamestown, New York.

Today I am busy with my chores. After putting out my washing I am off to Jamestown to do some work for my friend Marlene. Amongst the tasks, I carried out some chores for the Lucy Desi Museum and then in the afternoon I collected Elizabeth from school and we headed off to another Jamestown icon...Tastee Corners. With its booming rock 'n' roll music and neon signs this ice-cream shack is as American as apple pie.

BBQ was on the menu tonight whilst Marlene and I planted the summers pots and chatted with my neighbours on Pearl. After heading back over to Randolph there was a late evening tea party in the garden where Cathy (my only neighbour here on teacher alley that I hadn't seen since my return) and I were re-acquainted.

I do love being back in my American HOME after all my travels. In the seventeen months since I was last here so much has changed and it is great to feel that I am getting back into the swing of normal life again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home