Monday, May 14, 2007

Tuesday 15th May 2007. Miami, Florida.

Florida factoid...The Florida Keys' are home to the legend that is the Overseas Highway, that 113 mile drive on US Highway 1 from mainland Florida to Key West. A marvel of engineering the concrete expanse stretches over huge areas of water with the Atlantic to the left and the Gulf to the right. These waters teem with fish and a coral life that lies just below the teal coloured waters that are dotted with islands.

This morning I started my breakfast with fresh-pressed organic sugarcane juice (very healthy, but not very tasty)...But I needed it. I got word today that a letter had arrived in Scotland regarding my car accident saying that the other party are denying negligence and so I will need to pay the hospital bills and then sue for damages if I wish to proceed...what a saga. America is so litigious and every drama seems to become a crisis.

Today I aim to visit a Miami-Dade Police Station for the photo opportunity, my dad is a huge CSI fan...but as Wendy said...only if we are visiting and not as part of one of my calamities!

Lunch is on Lincoln Road at Pasha's where I have the classic yani before I head off to enjoy Britto Central.

The Pasha concept developed out of a Harvard Business School project that aimed to make healthy Mediterranean cuisine easily available to customers in various formats, from quick service to delivery and catering. The menu is inspired by the cuisine of Levant.

Romero Britto's Gallery is an explosion of colour from the Absolut Vodka bottles, to china and sculptures to my favourite, Winter, an acrylic and oil pen on canvas.

Also on display you will find the Alexandra Scott Butterfly Award, given each year to an exceptional child hero who helps others in need, as part of the Volvo for life Awards; this piece is a collaboration of Romero and Tiffany & Co.

His vivid colours, joyful themes and bold compositions make him the premiere pop artist of our time, merging expressionist colours with the compositional elements of cubism to present playful and youthful themes that are optimistic and joyful.

My next stop is the Miami Beach Garden Center a botanical garden that although small is a wonder of vibrant tropical colour.

Tonight Wendy and I dine at Sawaddee on Bay Drive...and a last Miami fact, this Normandy Isle area was named by the property developer Henri Levy in the early twentieth century after his native France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home