Friday, December 01, 2006

Montevideo, Uruguay. Friday December 1st 2006.

Today I am busy at work on the project. I was due to arrive in Sao Paulo tomorrow to address a large audience on the topic of public speaking. At present we are having to make all sorts of adjustments as the airline has altered my flight times four times in the last few days and it looks like I will spend at least seven hours in transit at Porto Alegre tomorrow.

I had a lovely coffee this morning with Dave at Medialunas Calentitas just around the corner from the hotel and this afternoon we set out to explore the city of Montevideo one last time.

There are some beautiful buildings here like the edifice of The Gas Company of Montevideo Ltd (I am presuming from what I see that this was one of the many British investments in this area).

Afternoon coffee is at Café Brasilero 1877, the oldest of the many coffee houses in Montevideo.

We drop in again on Ana Baxter at her gallery and after a lovely afternoon strolling through the streets of the Uruguayan capital its time for a drink at Amor al Gusto in the Plaza Libertad before supper at El Fogón.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home