Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December 28th, Moree to Sydney.

Up early this morning and after my goodbyes and dropping Gabrielle at work; Tom, Jack and I headed out to the airport which was deserted. After about a half hour wait a worker appeared to inform us that my flight time had changed and that the flight would not now leave until 11.45am.

So after bidding Boonery Road goodbye, it was back to the house and a quick call to Ben to re-schedule our day.

The main thing is that I am back in Sydney for Ben and I have been invited out to a William's family BBQ in Neutral Bay at the home of Sandra and Nigel. I will be having a reunion with the Moree Christmas crowd just one day after I last saw them, but in a very different locale.

I am so lucky to be being hosted by such amazing people.

From the air the views of the Moree plains are brilliant and you get a sense of the sheer expanse of the area.

Now back in Sydney I take the train into Central and arrive at a very British victorian station. With maintenance works on the railway we take a train and a bus to get home. I have now completed every mode of transport over the Harbour Bridge when I take the bus across the bridge and head out to the North Shore.

This evening Ben and I enjoy very fine dining in Boyd Lane with Sandra, Nigel, Garry and Cheryl before hitting the tiles in the King's Cross area of the city.

A little known fact is that King's Cross was originally known as Queen's Cross until it was re-named in honour of King Edward VII in 1905.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home